Slip and Fall Accident

Minneapolis Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers

Slip and fall accidents happen very often and can take place at many different locations such as grocery stores, restaurants, offices, shopping malls, restaurants, amusement parks, or on sidewalks.  A slip and fall accident occurs when a negligently maintained property condition causes someone to fall and sustain an injury.   Slip and fall injuries can cause severe injuries, pain, and can take a long time to fully recover from.

Under Minnesota Personal Injury law, if a property owner has knowledge or should have had knowledge of a dangerous property condition and failed to warn you about that condition or properly fix it, they can be held liable for the damages incurred by the victim of the slip and fall accident.  These damages can include: medical bills, wage loss, future wage loss, and pain and suffering damages.

Slip and fall accidents can be the result of the following conditions:

  • Slippery floors due to rain, snow, ice, or other spilled liquids
  • Broken stairs or floorboards
  • Improper installation or maintenance of staircase railings
  • Cluttered walkways
  • Falling objects or debris
  • Open holes, ditches, pavement cracks, or other surface exposures
  • No lighting or dim lighting
  • Improper signs warning of dangerous conditions

What to do if you have suffered a slip and fall injury:

If you or a loved one has been severely injured in a slip and fall accident, you should first seek the appropriate medical treatment and then contact a Minnesota personal injury lawyer immediately.  Slip and fall accidents can be very difficult to prove because, depending on the situation, the evidence can conveniently be “erased” by the property owner.  A personal injury attorney can help you to identify key witnesses to the accident or condition, preserve the evidence, and subpoena any security camera footage of the incident.

Contact me at 612 349 2747 for a free consultation regarding your case.  If I accept your case I will fight to negotiate a settlement on your behalf or sue the negligent property owner to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries.