Portland Trucking Accident Lawyers Explain the Types of Skill Fractures from Oregon Trucking Accidents
One of the most devastating types of personal injuries in Oregon trucking accidents are skull fractures. This type of injury can be catastrophic. The reason why these injuries are so devastating is that it takes a lot of force to fracture the skull. This is because the skull is a very hard and strong bone which is meant to withstand significant pressure and force. The purpose of the skull is to protect the brain and it generally does a good job and doing just that. However, large commercial vehicles like 18 wheelers, tractor trailers, and other box trucks can cause explosive and devastating impacts which could fracture the skull. There are many types of skull fractures which could be caused by a truck wreck. If this happens, ask our Portland trucking accident lawyers for help with your case.
Victims who suffer a skull fracture from Oregon trucking accidents may be entitled to compensation for their personal injuries. Compensation includes some of the following:
- Past pain and suffering
- Future pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Lost future earnings
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Need for physical therapy and other treatment, and
- Other injuries or damages caused by the Oregon trucking accident.
Types of Skull Fractures
There are several different types of skull fractures which could be caused by an Oregon trucking accident. These include come of the following types:
- Simple fracture – this is when the bone breaks by the skin is not pierced and the bone usually stays in place.
- Compound fracture – this is when the bone breaks and the bone splinters the skin. This is very dangerous because it usually means that the bone can pierce the brain as well.
- Linear fracture – this is when the cranial bone breaks and there is a thin line.
- Stellate fracture – this is when multiple linear fractures radiate from the site of impact, kind of like a ball hitting a glass pane and causing spider cracks.
- Basilar fracture – this is a fracture at the base or bottom of the skull (back)
- Depression fracture – this is a break in the cranial bone that causes a depression like a pothole. This is dangerous because the depression displaces the space of brain tissue and can damage brain tissue
- Penetrating fracture – this is when the brain suffers an injury because something fractures through the skull and into the brain.
Complications from Skull Fractures: Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
Victims who have a skull fracture after an Oregon trucking accident could have serious personal injuries. The type of skull fractures which could cause the most serious damages and traumata brain injuries (TBIs) include compound fractures, basilar fracture, depression fractures, and penetrating fractures. Victims with any type of head injury should get medical attention to ensure that they do not have a skull fracture or serious traumatic brain injury.
Ask Our Oregon Trucking Accident Lawyers For Help if You Suffered a Skull Fracture
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured or killed as a result of a trucking accident or collision contact the Oregon Truck Accident Lawyers at Kuhlman Law at our number below or fill out the intake form. We offer a free initial case evaluation and handle cases on a contingency fee which means that you pay no money unless we recover.
Our law firm handles cases throughout the state including Bend and Portland Oregon, Redmond, Central Oregon, Sisters, Madras, Multnomah County, Deschutes County, Salem, Eugene, Corvallis, Lane County, Medford, Gresham, La Grande, Albany, Medford, Beaverton, Umatilla, Pendleton, Cottage Grove, Florence, Oregon City, Springfield, Keizer, Grants Pass, McMinnville, Tualatin, West Linn, Forest Grove, Wilsonville, Newberg, Roseburg, Lake Oswego, Klamath Falls, Happy Valley, Tigard, Ashland, Milwakie, Coos Bay, The Dalles, St. Helens, Sherwood, Central Point, Canby, Troutdale, Hermiston, Silverton, Hood River, Newport, Prineville, Astoria, Tillamook, Lincoln City, Hillsboro, and Vancouver, Washington.
We also have an office in Minneapolis, Minnesota and take Trucking accident cases throughout the Twin Cities, including St. Paul, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Dakota County, Washington County, Anoka County, Scott County, Blaine, Stillwater, and Saint Paul Minnesota.
Please act quickly, there is a limited time (Statute of Limitations) in which you can bring a claim under the law.