Learn the Ways Emergency Department Errors Caused by Medical Malpractice in Oregon Cause Personal Injuries or Wrongful Death
Most people resist going to a hospital whenever they can. But unfortunately, it is a fact of life that some people must go to the emergency department or emergency room, also known as the ED or ER. This is because of serious personal injuries either in a trucking accident, or due to a sudden emergency health condition such as a stroke or heart attack. Most hospitals in Oregon do an excellent job of treating patients in their time of need. However, this does not always happen. In fact, there are many times where an emergency room commits such egregious errors that innocent people may suffer serious personal injuries or be wrongfully killed due to emergency department errors caused by medical malpractice in Oregon.
Our Portland medical malpractice lawyers at Kuhlman Law understand how devastating that can be for innocent people and their families. Many times the emergency department errors could be easily avoided with the proper exercise of care, skill, and knowledge required by a healthcare provider. But when a healthcare provider fails to exercise that care and skill, it can result in serious personal injuries or the wrongful death of an innocent person.
Victims and their families who suffer medical malpractice in Oregon may be entitled to compensation for their injuries, including these forms of compensation:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings if unable to work in the same line of work
- Medical bills
- Wrongful death costs including burial expenses and funeral costs
- Loss of consortium with loved ones
- Future medical costs for surgeries, therapy (physical therapy or occupational therapy), and medications
- Modifications to one’s home or vehicle
- Ambulatory devices such as wheelchairs, canes, or braces
- Medical equipment such as prosthetics, chair lifts, or special beds
- Nursing care, including 24/7 nursing care, and
- Many other common damages related to medical malpractice injuries in Portland, Bend, or anywhere else in Oregon.
Frequent Emergency Department Errors Caused by Medical Malpractice
There could be an endless amount of emergency department or emergency room errors which result in serious personal injuries due to Oregon medical malpractice. Whenever you or a loved one have a less-than-ideal situation in a hospital or an ED/ER, always ask for a free consultation with our lawyers. This is because there could be so many different causes and there could be so many different types of injuries which result in permanent damages which doctors know, and will do everything in their power to hide.
Some of the most common injuries and errors caused by Oregon medical malpractice include the following:
- Misdiagnosing a heart attack which can be fatal
- Misdiagnosing a stroke which can be fatal or extremely debilitating
- Delaying in treating a heart attack victim or stroke victim
- Overdosing medication
- Failing to properly triage a patient
- Neglecting or delaying treatment to a victim with a crushing injury
- Failing to identify and timely treat compartment syndrome
- Anesthesia errors
- Misreading test reports
- Patient mixups and wrong patient procedures
- Delays in treating patients that need treatment
- Understaffing to a dangerous level
- Failing to follow up with patients
- Premature discharge, and
- Many other common causes.
Ask our Portland Medical Malpractice Lawyers if You Have a Bad Result at a Hospital Emergency Department Caused by Medical Malpractice in Oregon
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice contact the Oregon Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Kuhlman Law at our number below or fill out the intake form. We offer a free initial case evaluation and handle cases on a contingency fee which means that you pay no money unless we recover.
Our law firm handles cases throughout the state including Bend and Portland Oregon, Redmond, Central Oregon, Sisters, Madras, Multnomah County, Deschutes County, Salem, Eugene, Corvallis, Lane County, Medford, Gresham, La Grande, Albany, Medford, Beaverton, Umatilla, Pendleton, Cottage Grove, Florence, Oregon City, Springfield, Keizer, Grants Pass, McMinnville, Tualatin, West Linn, Forest Grove, Wilsonville, Newberg, Roseburg, Lake Oswego, Klamath Falls, Happy Valley, Tigard, Ashland, Milwakie, Coos Bay, The Dalles, St. Helens, Sherwood, Central Point, Canby, Troutdale, Hermiston, Silverton, Hood River, Newport, Prineville, Astoria, Tillamook, Lincoln City, Hillsboro, and Vancouver, Washington.
We also have an office in Minneapolis, Minnesota and take medical malpractice cases throughout the Twin Cities, including St. Paul, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Dakota County, Washington County, Anoka County, Scott County, Blaine, Stillwater, and Saint Paul Minnesota.
Please act quickly, there is a limited time (Statute of Limitations) in which you can bring a claim under the law.