Understanding TBIs and Other Brain Injuries: Portland Brain Injury Lawyer Explains
There are many different types of serious personal injuries which could be caused by an accident or intentional conduct of another. Some of the worst types of personal injuries are brain injuries or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Our Portland brain injury lawyer at Kuhlman Law handles all types of serious TBIs or brain injuries that could occur in any type of case. If you or a loved one suffered any type of brain injury, ask our law firm for a FREE consultation to learn how we can help protect your rights under Oregon law.
Types of Brain Injuries
There are many different types of brain injuries which could be caused by the negligence of another person, business, or government entity. These types of brain injuries could result in catastrophic disability, even requiring around-the-clock nursing care and treatment. Some TBIs and brain injuries could event result in significant injuries that contribute to or ultimately cause a person’s wrongful death.
Some of the most common types of brain injuries that our Portland brain injury lawyer can handle include the following:
- Concussions – this is not as mild as most people think, but even just one “mild” concussion could cause a lifetime of injury, disability, and even increased risk of serious injury. This is because there is no such thing as a “mild” concussion or a “mild” brain injury. If someone caused you to suffer a concussion, ask for our FREE review to determine if you have a case.
- Coup-contrecoup TBIs – everyone has heard of whiplash, but have you heard of a coup-contrecoup brain injury? Probably not unless you have been diagnosed with one. This is a type of brain injury which occurs when the brain violently slides back and forth inside of the skull during that whiplash motion. The brain sustains an injury to the two opposite sides where the impacts occur. This can cause damage and serious swelling.
- Brain bleeds
- Diffuse axonal brain injury – this is when brain tissue literally shreds or rips because of the impact or force of impact
- Hematoma – this is a bruise on the brain which can cause permanent damage
- Penetrating TBI – this is when foreign debris rips into the brain and causes injury, and
- Other types of serious head injuries and brain injuries.
Causes of a Brain Injury in Oregon
There are many possible causes of a brain injury in Oregon. Our Portland brain injury lawyer knows that most causes are due to the wrongful conduct of another. This conduct could be caused by the negligence of another person such as a motor vehicle accident, medical malpractice, or construction accident. Or a brain injury could be caused by the intentional actions of another, such as an assault or battery.
Some of the most common causes of a TBI in Oregon include the following:
- Nursing home malpractice, including nursing home abuse (intentional), malpractice (negligent), or neglect (could be intentional or negligent)
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and falls or trip and falls
- Motor vehicle accidents, including trucking accidents, delivery van crashes, logging truck collisions, and other MVAs
- Birth injuries, including causing cerebral palsy, and
- Many other common causes.
You Have Options to Compensation Under Oregon Law
Did Oregon medical malpractice case a TBI, or did your newborn get diagnosed with cerebral palsy? You and your family may have been the victim of another person, business, or government entity’s negligent or intentional harms. Oregon law may afford you and your family options for compensation to recover for pain and suffering, lost wages, lost future earnings, medical bills, medication costs, and other serious damages.
This is particularly true for victims of birth injuries in Portland, Bend, Eugene, or anywhere else in Deschutes County or Oregon. Brain injuries to a newborn could be particularly catastrophic. Some of the most common causes of a brain injury to a newborn include the following:
- Cerebral palsy
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy or HIE
- Undiagnosed bacterial meningitis
- Delays in a c-section
- Improper handling
- Dropping a baby after birth
- Overdose of Pitocin
- Delays in performing resuscitation
- Improper monitoring of fetal strips
- Improper extraction or a baby, including excessive use of extraction tools like the vacuum or forceps, and
- Many other common causes.
Ask Our Portland Brain Injury Lawyer for Help With Any Type of TBI, Especially to a Newborn
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured or killed as a result of a trucking accident or collision contact the Oregon Truck Accident Lawyers at Kuhlman Law at our number below or fill out the intake form. We offer a free initial case evaluation and handle cases on a contingency fee which means that you pay no money unless we recover.
Our law firm handles cases throughout the state including Bend and Portland Oregon, Redmond, Central Oregon, Sisters, Madras, Multnomah County, Deschutes County, Salem, Eugene, Corvallis, Lane County, Medford, Gresham, La Grande, Albany, Medford, Beaverton, Umatilla, Pendleton, Cottage Grove, Florence, Oregon City, Springfield, Keizer, Grants Pass, McMinnville, Tualatin, West Linn, Forest Grove, Wilsonville, Newberg, Roseburg, Lake Oswego, Klamath Falls, Happy Valley, Tigard, Ashland, Milwakie, Coos Bay, The Dalles, St. Helens, Sherwood, Central Point, Canby, Troutdale, Hermiston, Silverton, Hood River, Newport, Prineville, Astoria, Tillamook, Lincoln City, Hillsboro, and Vancouver, Washington.
We also have an office in Minneapolis, Minnesota and take Trucking accident cases throughout the Twin Cities, including St. Paul, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Dakota County, Washington County, Anoka County, Scott County, Blaine, Stillwater, and Saint Paul Minnesota.
Please act quickly, there is a limited time (Statute of Limitations) in which you can bring a claim under the law.